If you are trying to sell your house, you may be finding that it is more difficult than you had expected… especially if your house has any repairs needed that buyers just don’t want to deal with.
In this article we’ll dive into some of the devastating consequences of foreclosure in San Antonio for house sellers.
Local San Antonio House Buyers Have Lots Of Options For Houses But Fewer Options For Financing
Well it looks like the big Ibuyers and hedgefunds have stopped pushing up prices and things are starting to turn to normal or at least into a buyers market. Now when homeowners in foreclosure need them the most they are nowhere to be found. South Texas Home Investors has been investing for 15 years plus. And we are still looking to buy properties in south Texas. Now more than ever we are here to help you in your time of need. Even if you just need advice on which direction to go when selling your home.
There are floods of homes on the market, and thanks to the economic turmoil in recent past (and still going on in some areas), some types of houses just aren’t selling as fast as they were 5 years ago… while the “sweet spot” type of house (3 bedroom 2 bath in the middle to lower-middle price range) are selling at a good clip.
Part of it is because lending guidelines have changed since the housing collapse so fewer buyers are out there for some homes… there are still stockpiles of foreclosed houses in San Antonio that keep trickling into the market from banks… and buyers are more choosy than they were in years past because many of them have learned that you can no longer buy a house and bank on the fact that it will appreciate a 3%+ a year in value.
If you are a seller in this market, you may be becoming discouraged and wonder how you can just sell your San Antonio house fast, right?
If it seems like you keep putting more money out to improve your home (or if you have repairs but don’t have the money to do those repairs), but are still having a hard time selling your San Antonio house, you aren’t alone. A buyer’s market makes conditions hard for seller’s to swallow. No one likes to see their home picked apart, criticized, or devalued, but that is exactly what most sellers are dealing with.
Worse yet, due to the devastating consequences of foreclosure in San Antonio, many sellers in the area who hold out for the price they want are getting little action and no offers at all… sometimes leaving the house on the market for months on end.
Foreclosure is a legal process through which a lender takes possession of a property when the borrower fails to repay the loan as agreed upon. Foreclosure can have devastating consequences for both the borrower and the lender. Here are some of the most significant consequences of foreclosure:
- Loss of Home: The most obvious consequence of foreclosure is that the borrower loses their home. The borrower is forced to vacate the property and may lose all of the equity they had built up in the home.
- Damage to Credit Score: Foreclosure has a significant negative impact on the borrower’s credit score. A foreclosure can remain on a credit report for up to seven years and can make it difficult for the borrower to obtain credit in the future.
- Emotional Toll: Foreclosure can be a traumatic experience for the borrower, especially if they have lived in the home for a long time. The stress of losing a home can lead to anxiety, depression, and other mental health issues.
- Legal Fees: Foreclosure can be a costly process for both the borrower and the lender. The borrower may be responsible for legal fees, which can add up quickly.
- Deficiency Judgment: If the sale of the foreclosed property does not cover the full amount owed on the loan, the lender may pursue a deficiency judgment against the borrower for the remaining balance. This can result in wage garnishment or liens against other property owned by the borrower.
- Impact on Neighborhood: Foreclosed homes can have a negative impact on the surrounding neighborhood. Abandoned homes can attract vandalism, crime, and lower property values.
Overall, foreclosure is a difficult and painful process for all parties involved. It is best to avoid foreclosure if possible by working with the lender to find alternative solutions such as loan modifications or short sales.
How Foreclosures Have Driven Local Housing Prices Down
When the housing market crashed and the foreclosures began to roll in, it flooded the real estate market in San Antonio. That means that there is more inventory on the market. When that happens, that drives the price of everyone’s house down because there are more options (at lower prices) for buyers out there.
When there is more inventory than buyers, it devalues the homes for sale.
The jury is still out on whether we’ve climbed out of this foreclosure hole or not. There are still lots of foreclosure houses in the San Antonio area and the banks are still holding many many area homes in their own inventory that aren’t even for sale yet.
But, there are some things you can do in this market to reach your goals with selling your house.
Selling Your House In A High Foreclosure Market
If you’re wanting (or needing) to sell your house you’ve got a couple options you should look at.
- If you don’t need to sell your house fast and can wait the market out… Get A Great Real Estate Agent On Your Side: If you don’t need to sell your house fast and you can pay the real estate agent commissions… it may be best for you to just wait the market out and give it some time for that perfect buyer to come your way and pay the price you’re looking for.The market is improving and if you can sell your house next year rather than now… it may mean a few extra bucks in your pocket on the sale at a higher value.A great real estate agent can help you list the house and market it for you. If you don’t have a god local agent, just reach out to us and we can connect you with some great real estate agents we know in town who have shown they can sell a house fast. Email us over here for a San Antonio area real estate agent referral.
- If you DO need to sell your house fast… look for quick sale options like selling your house to us:Selling your house fast in a market like this can be difficult if you go the traditional real estate agent route… unless you discount your house in a big way. Then on top of that discount you’ll be paying the real estate agent commissions… which takes even more cash out of your pocket in the end.Another option you should look at is selling your house to a real estate investment firm like South Texas Home Investors.We buy San Antonio houses and can make you a cash offer within 24 hours for a fair price.We’re not looking to list your house… we’re actually looking to buy the house from you… we’ll take care of any repair costs after we buy it from you, then we either keep it as a rental property or we’ll turn around and invest our time, money, and expertise into selling the house to another home owner.It can be a win-win-win situation.If you’re looking for full-retail value of your house, we can’t pay that. We do need a discount so we can make a profit on our end, but you won’t ever pay us any fees or commissions.
Reach Out To Us To Sell Your San Antonio Texas House Fast… Even In A Market Like Today’s
If you have any questions about our local San Antonio house buying service just reach out to us anytime.
You can call us at 210-729-9030 or reach out to us over on our Contact Page.
Or, if you’re ready to get a fair cash offer on your house today, just click the link below to go to our “Fast Offer” form… then fill out some basic info on your house and we’ll be on our way!